Why has the candidate pool been shortened?
- The job market had branched to various different industries since the COVID lockdowns
- Many EU members have returned to their home countries, reducing he number of workers significantly
- Applicants for Universal Credit were using UC more for the financial benefits than for job searching purposes
- In 2020, job satisfaction increased by 56.9% due to benefits becoming the most crucial job reward
How can this be fixed?
- Look in different industries
- Enhance your values. Highlight your strengths
- Honesty is key
What are the best strategies to approach?
- Treat candidates like customers
- Look for passive candidates
- Boast your benefits
- Improve brand and presence